Do you want to attract clients online?
Learn 3 secrets that will seduce your website visitor.
The first thing you need to know is that your website is a marketing tool – the place you convert visitors into paying customers (yes!).
When your website is well planned, your visitors will experience:
- Excitement when they discover what your website is about
- Anticipation of hearing from you after they sign up to your mailing list
- Motivation to take action and contact you
You want to set in motion these reactions on your own website.
How to do that?
With the ideal combination of:
Content + Strategy + Personality
Turning website visitors into clients starts with:
- Content that get your visitors’ attention as soon as they come to your page
- A strategy of triggers to get them to read more and take action
- A sprinkle of your lovely personality on top of that!
Let’s get cracking.
If you have already started your website, and have some content up, think about this: What do you actually communicate to your website visitor?
Does what you say talk to them, with them, at them, or above their heads and not to them at all?
Do you know:
- Who you are talking to?
- How to explain exactly what you do for your clients?
- What specific problems you solve?
Think of your answers to these questions, because it’s easy to fall into the trap of transmitting mostly what you want to achieve and gain…
How often don’t you see these kind of messages:
“Sign up to my newsletter!”
“Follow me on social media!”
It’s ok to have some of this, because people need a nudge to take action, but remember to also use words that help your visitors visualize what you can help them achieve and gain.
And! Most people don’t realize this one; the first big secret:
Before presenting a website visitor with your services and solution, they need to feel connected with you.
How do you do that?
By making them first feel heard and understood.
When they see that you recognize their problems and emotions, they feel that you are on their side, so include this in your key website messages.
You will see that after that, they are so much more interested in listening to your solution!
Have a look at my Website Planner to understand where to incorporate this:
Great content is not as powerful as when combined with a well-planned strategy to make the most out of your visitor’s visit.
- What do you want to achieve with your website?
- What do you want your website visitor to do?
(Think about it and write it down!)
You need to think for your visitor (yes, really it is so…), and anticipate what they may want to do next, combined with what you want them to do next.
In the online world, you’re battling with a reality where:
- Attention span is super short
- People quickly get bored
- The next shiny thing will distract them in a split second
What does that mean for you?
It means you need to have a plan for keeping them on your website for as long as possible.
You need to guide them through your content.
- Tell them what to do next with intriguing Call to Actions
- Tempt them to look other pages by indicating the value in it for them
- Give them a reason to want to leave their email address
Little homework: Go through your content and have a look where it makes sense to mention other pages of your website – making it easy for them by providing the link (remember, online people are laaazy and won’t search around much themselves).
If you download my Website Planner, you will find more guidance on how to plan your pages and strategy.
Don’t be afraid to show it!
People make decisions based on emotions, so before they check out your qualifications, they check out who you are in terms of:
- Do they like you?
- What is your story?
- Do you have anything in common (values, life-experiences, attitude…)?
For attracting clients online, there is no need to be very formal. It only creates a distance between you and your visitor, when what you really want to achieve is to give them a sense of connection.
- Write in first person
- Use the language you would use with a friend
- Let them know why you came to love what you do
They will love you for it!
Perfectly combining your words, strategies and personality is what will transform your website from a purely informative site (boring) to a client attracting marketing tool (seducing).
Are you ready to make a marketing tool out of your website? Then get started with these 3 nuggets in mind.